After a spectacular and much appreciated IITBHM 2017, we are back with IITBHM 2018.
Fitizen India in association with IIT Bombay is organizing IIT Bombay Half Marathon (IITBHM) on August 26, 2018. IITBHM gives you once in a year opportunity to run inside the IIT Powai campus away from the traffic, noise and pollution that are
characteristics of the most of the regular running routes in Mumbai.
IIT Bombay is a small township in itself. Rich in natural flora and fauna, the campus green cover has been maintained and even increased over the years. An island of green in between Mumbai’s concrete jungle, the campus at Powai is spread across 550 acres, nestles among hills and is flanked by the Powai and Vihar lakes. It is special both in terms of its physical beauty and location — a place where you can be away from the busy world, yet still be a part of it.
RACE AFFILIATION AND TIMING ELIGIBILITY FOR OTHER MARATHONS
- The event is organized under the aegis of Mumbai Suburban District Athletics Association
- The electronic timing chip will be given to all participants in 10 km and 21km distance categories
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
|5 KM||8 years & Above||8 years & Above|
|Race Category||Registration Fees (INR)|
*Govt Taxes as applicable
- Winner’s trophy will be presented to the top 3 finisher of all the age categories mentioned for both men & women.
- Finishers medal will be awarded who successfully completes the IITBHM race.
- E-Timing certificate will be provided to all the runner’s within 2 weeks of the race day.
- Event photos will be available on the event page.
- The venue and the race route will have ample water & nutrition stations.
- All runners will be provided breakfast post the run. Please retain your bib as a proof of participation in the run. Breakfast will be provided only runners with valid bibs.
- Ambulance and medical support would be provided during the run.
- Time limit for 5 km – 60 Minutes; 10 km – 100 Minutes; 21 km – 200 Minutes. All support stations, volunteers and timing mats will be removed post this time cutoff.
By submitting the form, I hereby declare that I am physically fit to participate in this event and have attained all necessary physical examination by a registered medical practitioner. I acknowledge that participating in this event may carry some risk to my health. I release the organizers from any liability or any loss or injury which I may suffer while participating in the race. I have read and understood all the “RULES & REGULATIONS” and all the information provided by me in the registration form is correct. Further, I grant full permission to the organizer and all associated organizations to use all event material including photographs and videotape for publicity and advertising purposes without any compensation. I give Organizer the right to send me any communication (event, promotion, partners, etc.) via email, SMS, Phone call, Social media & any other channel.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- 5km distance category is allowed for participants of 8 years and above (Born on or before Aug 26th 2010).
- 10km distance category is open for participants over 14 years and above (born or before Aug 26th 2000).
- 21km distance category is allowed for participants of 18 years and above (born on or before Aug 26th 2000).
- Race timing will be recorded on Mat-to- Mat basis i.e. your timing starts/stops when you cross start/finish line.
- Registrations will close on 19th Aug 2018 at 11:59 PM or when the maximum limit of Running Places are filled in, whichever is earlier.
- Participants must upload/submit copy of his ID proof for age verification.
- Snacks and refreshments will be served to all participants after the race. It is compulsory to show BIB for collecting snacks.
- Finishers Medal will be given to each participant in all distance categories after finishing the race. It is compulsory to show BIB for collecting the finisher Medal.
- E-certificates can be downloaded by the participant as soon as they are available on the website post the event.
- The event organizer reserves the right to modify the Date, Venue, Distance, Race start time and any other changes related to this event at any given point of time
How do I register for the above mentioned categories?
What are the fees for the 21km, 10 km n 5 km?
The fees for registration are :
21 km – 1199* INR
10 km – 899* INR
5 km – 599* INR
*additional taxes applicable
When will I get my entry conformation and bib number?
If you have registered online through our event website the entry confirmation e-mail will be sent to you as soon as you register for the Races, While the bib number will be sent to you 4 days before the Race
I accidentally filled the wrong information. Can I change it?
Can I collect the bib on the race day?
No. BIBs will be not given on the race day.
I am facing problems with registration/payment and I have not received the conformation email?
Do I have the option of switching the race categories after I register?
No, It is not possible to change race categories once you have registered for a particular race category. Please be diligent when choosing your race category.
Is there an option for cancellation and refund if I am not able run because of some unforeseen circumstances?
We cannot provide any refund against cancellation so be careful while planning for the race.
What do I get on the day I collect my bib?
You will be given a running bib with a timing chip and the race t shirt at the time of BIB distribution.
Can someone else collect the BIB on my behalf?
Yes, you can send your friend/colleague/family member to collect your timing chip & BIB in case of unavoidable circumstances. However, the representative has to produce following documents:
- A printed copy of this email confirmation (if using a smartphone, a copy of the confirmation forwarded by the participant).
- Photocopy of your (the participant) photographic proof of identity, i.e.: your Aadhar card, Passport or PAN card.
- Photographic proof of identity of your representative visiting the registration counters on your behalf, i.e.: his/her Aadhar card, Passport, college identity card, Driving License or Pan card.